Dolomites Lavaredo 2026

4th July 2026.
I left Nikki and Amelia in Munich and flew to Venice to join the team of Pure Trails.
We drive 2 hours in the van to Cortina d'ampezza, with amazing views of the Dolomites along the way.
Guides Eddy, Nicole and Nai (Naomi).
Runners Lucy, Emma, Joanna (sans luggage), Sarah. 

Day 2
We started our Lavaredo loop from the church in Cortina. 
In order above:
Nicole (head guide), Joanna, Emma (tall), me, Sara, Lucy, Naomi (guide).

Great weather... Sunny and too hot really at about 26C.
We climbed steadily up for a while, with pretty views and towering vistas. 
After 10km, I somehow sprained my right ankle. DOH! I thought initially that it would be ok, but this proved not to be the case😭. I hobbled the remaining 8km to the van, and my ankle was already pretty swollen and sore. 

Day 3
I could barely walk, so I hired an e-bike and cycled along an awesome path from Cortina past cimabanche. It was an old railway route from WW1.
Insert selfie cycle video

Day 4
I rejoined the team for the drive to lake Misurina, where they ran off from. Eddy then drove me and the van to the finish point (lake Durrensee), and I did a slow hobble around the lake. Pretty... But I had to wait quite a long time for them.

Day 5
I decided to try to get to Tre Cime today, since it is the most famous spot on the dolomites and the team ran past it yesterday. I guess a ebike again, and cycled 30km to Refugio Auronzo, at the top of a famous Giro climb. Then I hiked hard around the 3 peaks... Awesome views and scenery. Then I cycled back home. A pretty long day! 

Day 6
I decided that my ankle would survive some running, so I joined the team for the first 9km of the trail. This started from Col Gallina and went mostly hard uphill, which I ran hardish and did some nice hill repeats to show off lol. The views from up top near Cinque Torri were simply gorgeous all day!
I think Lucy enjoyed running a bit harder too.
I joined Eddy back in the van while the team finished the job. 



Comments